26 January 2009

rambles

Today the woman I share an office with is out sick. I don't think she's too sick, which is good for her, she deserves a relaxing day off. I've been listening to my "weird" tunes all day long, without feeling bad for intruding my music on others' ears, even though, really, the music I (and I think I can collectively say we here) listen to really is better than the music they listen to. But most people out there think this music is weird -- after all, it's not on 101.1 or B95. It's been an enjoyable at-my-computer atmosphere today. So today I've listened to Mercury Rev, courtesy of Steve, Sera Cahoone (trying to study up for this weekend), Rocky Votolato, Blitzen Trapper and Page France. And Counting Crows for my drive in. Not bad so far.

And for those who know 'em, and also for those who don't, Fruit Bats and Sera Cahoone at the Cellar Door this Saturday! Brother's seeing them in Portland next weekend. woo hoo us.

I've been enjoying raisins lately. Organic, please. I'm eating some right now. And has anyone else noticed how organic carrots are so much better than traditional? Go and do a taste test. Speaking of food, four people at work, the people I am with the most throughout the day, are all doing Weight Watchers. Oh how I hate watching weight. Anyway, I don't want to feel left out, so I got somewhat excited and asked them about how many points I get to eat in a day and whatnot. (I'm a pound overweight by the way, according to Ms. Watcher. Great.) They proceeded to call me "fatty." I think it's a reflection on how they're feeling bad, and I've told myself this and that they don't mean it, but it makes me get a bit consciencious! My boss, who is very good to me, said today she was thinking about it over the weekend and decided she didn't like it and next time she'd say something. She's a good lady. And speaking of her, she went to the inauguration! And her cousin went with her and her cousin and her cousin's friend DITCHED OUT on the ceremony! Can you believe it?! They were cold. They even started crying, basically having a stomp-your-foot moment, not able to sit in the area their tickets were for. Unimaginable. Go Mathis (my boss) for hanging and not letting the ruin your Obama moment!

And a shoe update: I ordered 3 pairs last week, and 2 are on my porch waiting for me! I had six pairs in my shopping cart and decided to put only $200-something on my credit card at a time. Only one is black, but there's more to try, thank you endless. I'm ready to wear black, sure is hard to not wear black. Then there's a pair of cute brown Palladium shoes and some Palladium boots that I've had my eye on for a while and were 50% off, so I had to try them. I sure hope one works out! Except, my credit card...

No comments:

Post a Comment