21 April 2008

tapiocas

Let's play around with a few of the thoughts currently in my head: 

                             
  • I signed up for a netflix subscription two weekends ago (I cancelled my satellite and thought I'd do something to treat myself to some clear tv viewing) and recently rented Wristcutters: A Love Story and Happiness. Happiness is directed by Todd Solonz, and his others are now on my queue. I recommend the both of them to you. There's plenty of familiar faces in each (look for Tom Waits and Will Arnett appearances in WALS) and they're both a bit on the odd side with up and downs, which I enjoyed. Indie, interesting, and gluten-free; good for all.
  • My brother just sent me a care package in the mail with 5 cds in it with more songs from Bishop Allen, Born Ruffians, fun from bff Adam, and oodles of joy. I can't wait! (to take them to work and load them on my computer and iPod there since my cd/dvd drive on my home laptop has decided to not allow for input.)
  • I picked up a couple of new books this weekend: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers and Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. I started reading the latter Saturday afternoon and I'm about halfway through it. Fun and kooky. Damn work sure gets in the way of my reading time. Grr.

2 comments:

  1. give me a sneaky assignment on the web and i'm your girl! i should become internet p.i. i've got some serious stalking skills up my belt.

    let's be bloggy friends. and of course real friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched Wristcutters last night. I don't know what to think. It definitely received points for having a family of Ruskies.

    ReplyDelete