12 September 2009

a few verbal pet peeves

1. "The fact of the matter is..." Listen. There is no fact in this opinion of yours. So stop saying it. (This one I owe to a past teacher I worked with who always said it in regards to some complaint and who also always wore those ugly velor track suits, which were too small and too short for her even though she was short, (oh and she also wore them with crocs) so I get flashbacks to that in addition to just being cranky at the phrase, which just adds to the irritation.)

2. "Make sure you..." This one is totally unnecessary. Just say the command, or whatever it is you're asking, and be done with it. Don't pretend nice.

3. "It's neither here nor there." Really? It's got to be somewhere. And you're saying it so I guess that means it is either here or there to you.

So there.

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that I find it comforting and fun when you post about shit that annoys you. Maybe because A Lot of things bother me, but I don't get to blast it on the world wide interwebs. Good for you b. You incessantly impress me. And the downside of this?, it just makes me miss you even more.

    ReplyDelete